Some of you may have been wondering if milk is a good source of protein and if you should use milk for bulking. The answer to that question is yes. If it wasn’t for milk being a cheap source of protein I wouldn’t be able to maintain my gains or make the gains that I got this past year. Some of you may argue that buying and drinking protein shakes is better than drinking milk. The answer to that no it’s not, because milk contains plenty of carbohydrates and protein that are used by your body when rebuilding your muscle tissue. You simply do not get those vital carbohydrates and protein from a protein shake unless you put some carbohydrate powder in your protein shake, but with all due respect why do that?. I mean look at it this way you will spend more money buying protein powder and carbohydrate powder then you will ever spend buying wholesome nutritious milk. However, though milk doesn’t come without it’s cons too. Check out the pros and cons that is right below this paragraph and make the choice if drinking milk is for you, it was for me at least.
1. A good source of all of the vital nutrients and minerals. Carbohydrates, protein, fat and some vitamins and minerals are all present in milk.
2. Milk has a lot of muscle building calories in it.
3. Muscle tissue can be maintained or gained through the consumption of milk.
4. Its cheap.
1. Milk contains a lot of natural sugar in it.
2. Milk will make you pack on some fat, but this will not be a problem if you decide to cut down.